Level up your foot service, shoulder rubs, physical rehab, and spa sessions with The Butters’ silky and luxurious Body Work & Massage Oil. Designed to transfer body heat, facilitate motion, and moisturize without feeling greasy, this massage oil is without a doubt one of our new favourites.
Gently scented and packed with skin softening fatty acids and anti-oxidants from jojoba, sunflower & grapeseed oils, this oil is the perfect way to both give and receive a soothing & satisfying massage.
Made at home in Michigan, USA, with love & expertise by Jerome Stuart Nichols. The Butters Hygienics Co. is a 100% Black Queer Owned Company.
About the ingredients:
• Sunflower oil - A nutritional powerhouse, it also helps skin retain moisture. Effective for both dry and oily skin. It’s a mixture of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, mostly omega-6s and -9s. Naturally rich in vitamin E. Anti-inflammatory.
• Grapeseed oil - Contains polyphenols, vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleic acid (omega-6 fatty acid). Benefits include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-aging, and antimicrobial properties. Supports adaptogenic activity (promotes homeostasis and lower stress), helps acne & dermatitis, reduces age spots, helps to heal/prevent sun burn, varicose veins, rheumatoid arthritis, bruising, PMS symptoms. Moisturizes & conditions the skin.
• Apricot Kernel Oil - A great emollient moisturizer. Reduces inflammation when applied topically. High in vitamin E & K. Helps even skin tone by nutritionally supporting cellular regeneration. High in fatty acids.
• Red raspberry seed oil - The highest and widest SPF UV protection of any oil. SPF value was found to be 28-50 for UVB rays (the rays that cause sunburn), and 6.75 – 7.5 for UVA rays (the rays that contribute to aging and skin cancer). Packed with carotenoids - strong antioxidants that inhibit UV damage and stimulate cell repair - 23 mg/100 g of oil. Incredibly high natural vitamin E content: Alpha Tocopherol: 12.6mg/100g, Gamma Tocopherol:19.4mg/100g. It's approximately 52-56% Linoleic acid (omega 6) and Alpha-29-33% linolenic acid (omega 3). Anti-inflammatory properties. Ellagic acid to reduce collagen loss and provide UV protection. Antioxidants phytosterols promote new collagen production, leading to healthier skin. In effect, it's a great moisturizer, improves skin elasticity, reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
• Jojoba - very similar to the natural oil or sebum humans create. It's molecularly a liquid wax and helps create a seal over tissues. Some of the most notable benefits of jojoba oil include its ability to moisturize the hair, prevent hair loss, reduce inflammation, prevent acne, soothe sunburn and psoriasis, rejuvenate the skin, eliminate dandruff, fight free radical damage, boost the immune system and speed up the healing process. Jojoba oil is rich in iodine, which fights harmful bacteria growth that leads to breakouts. The antioxidants present in jojoba oil soothe fine lines, wrinkles and naturally slow down other signs of aging. Jojoba oil contains beneficial ingredients, including vitamin E, vitamin B complex - High in B5, silicon, chromium, copper and zinc. It has a very high percentage of iodine at 82%, which gives jojoba oil its power to heal. It contains three fatty acids: erucic (13.6%), gadoleic (71.3%) and oleic (11.2% percent).
• 2oz/60ml Bottle
• Shelf Life: min. 2 Years
• Ingredients: Sunflower seed oil, grapeseed oil, Apricot Kernel oil, Red Raspberry Seed Oil, JoJoba oil, Isopropyl myristate, fragrance
• External use only